Squarespace Tip 1 | Feature your blog posts with a SUMMARY BLOCK on any Squarespace page
Blogging is one of the best ways to get content in front of your readers and to makes them come back to your website over and over again.
It is also one of the tasks that require constant effort, ideas and quite a bit of time to craft. Given all your hard work, you might as well feature your articles in several places on your website.
You could for example
- Offer first time visitors a glimpse of your blog content and add your latest posts to your home page. It also invites your regulars to check what you have been working on.
- Create a landing page, for example for your Instagram visitors. Since there is only one link allowed in your Instagram profile and you most probably tell your followers about new blog posts, place your most recent ones right on the top.
- Show related posts on product or service pages and make them relevant by filtering by tags.
Squarespace offers an easy and elegant solution to include a summary of your posts with just a few clicks: SUMMARY BLOCKS. Summary Blocks present your content (blog posts, products, gallery or project images, or events) in magazine-style layouts.
It is just a matter of a few minutes and you can advertise your articles on any page within your website. Here is how it works.
How to add a SUMMARY BLOCK to a Squarespace page
- Once you are logged into your Squarespace account, open a page and click EDIT.
- Click an INSERT POINT or the +.
- Under Summary, choose your favourite layout. I usually go with the GRID for blog posts.
- Select your content, e.g. blogs, galleries or events.
- Tweak the layout to make it look great.
- Customise the display.
- Apply and save. Ready. :)
The following image gallery is taking you through the steps:
You can change the style and layout any time. Play around and see what works best for you.
I am curious to hear how you went! If you have added SUMMARY BLOCKS before, what are you using them for?
Summary blocks overview - Squarespace